Thursday, July 06, 2006

Kkrish - the Movie ...

Last week, I watched Kkrish - and was compelled to coin a new term - "Branded Movie". Mr. Roshan is supposed to have put almost all his money in the making of this movie. But then he also included numerous promotions - the most explicit being that of Tide. In one scene, Rekha is shown to pour Tide in a bucket with the letters "Tide" being visible to the viewers and occupying a substantial part of the screen. In another scene, Tide is shown to be kept with utensils in their house - now who would keep a washing powder along with utensils??!!!

The other "promoters" whom I can recall included Bournvita and Hero Honda. And not to forget (Uniquely) Singapore, which has tied-up with the movie.

As far as the movie is concerned, I can't say much except that I wasted my 150 bucks. The dialogues are really pathetic, the actions scenes (if any) are badly executed and a terrible storyline. Still, when the movie ended, the whole theatre burst with applauses - seems like Indians still love the romance, however silly it may seem. But, then I'm happy - I don't have the masses' taste :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home