Friday, July 15, 2005

Is physical appearance so important?

I was thinking of writing this post as soon as I finished my earlier one. At that time, I had something else in my mind too, so I just dropped this idea. But an anonymous comment to my previous post necessiated this post. The comment had to do with the girls of my batch not selecting any of the junies as their dance partners. Well, to start off with, I view it as their personal decision and so, my judging their decision is not proper. But when viewed in the broader perspective, I do not endorse their decision.

Freshers is a social occasion. It is a party for the junies, but by the senies. Its an occasion where junies and senies can mingle. Now how fair is it for the senies to force a dance partner (a senie guy) down the throat of a junie girl, when the senie girls are themselves are not willing to dance with a junie guy, just because they are not good (read: not attractive enough). Do physical appearances appeal so much so that the senie girls forgot what the whole idea of the Freshers is all about? Or were they expecting an SRK or an Aamir Khan to be their partner?

psst ... psst ... Inside info: Some senie girls, whom I really appreciate, were willing to dance but the WelfareCom did not go ahead with the idea because there was a bunch of senie girls who were not willing to choose a dance partner at all, come what may ...

3 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Ruby said...

unfortunately yes, physical appearance and looks seem to be very important. but let them learn it by themselves and they'll see how dumb some beautiful people can be... :-)

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Arun R said...

If such a thing happened at TAPMI, then its quiet shameful!!!!

Freshers is another event just like Athatva, BrandScan or Episode, and over the years the events in it has turned into traditions.

I don't know what would have happened if the girls of ur batch had danced with a guy for an hour(which is the time from the start of the dance party to the dinner getting served)

I do admit that there are a few cases like this every year, and 2-3 girls in a batch end up not dancing; but the entire batch of girls not dancing is something disturbing.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know i wanted, as a girl of the supposed "unenthu" batch of senies say something in our defense. You are right, it was a real stupid thing to happen..but apparently all women of our batch are not comfortable with this prospect, moreover , leading to a lot of misunderstandings among ourselves...Funny , huh? but true...Anyways lets make our next party a senie gurls- Junie guys affair.what say?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home